Improve your selling skills by understanding the mind of the buyer. This course explains what buyers are looking for in pitches or proposals, shows how to avoid giving away your margin in negotiations and emphasises the need for the right kind of relationships.
This course can be combined with “Getting your message across” for much greater effect.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for salespeople who are involved in making proposals and in dealing with buyers and procurement professionals.
Topics covered in this procurement course
- An introduction to the procurement lifecycle
- The procurement organisation and how it thinks
- How buyers are trained and what impresses them
- What buyers are looking for in proposals, pitches and bids
- How to communicate with and influence buyers
- Who makes the buying decision and how is it made
- What to look out for in negotiations
- The importance of after-sales
- Longer-term relationships
The course will be delivered as a mix of theory and practical sessions.
Participants will engage in a role-play exercise against experienced buyers – with plenty of individual feedback. There will be several group break-out sessions – used to brainstorm and explore certain topics.
At the end of the course participants will have a clear idea of how to make more effective bids and how to negotiate better with buyers. They will be able to sell more effectively.