Learn how to manage your suppliers efficiently by completing this course. By the end your staff will have learnt how managing suppliers well results in reducing costs, improving quality and avoiding problems. Topics include not only how to cultivate the relationship but how to define performance requirements and insist that these are met.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for procurement and supply-chain specialists who wish to improve their skills in managing suppliers.
Topics covered in the course
- What is Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) – when and why is it important
- Supplier segmentation and the different approaches which it demands
- The supplier relationship lifecycle and excellence model
- The role of procurement in supplier management
- Supplier relationship planning
- Supplier engagement strategies
- Supplier partnering
- Cost reduction, innovation and supplier development
- Performance measurement – targets and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Human factors and communications in supplier management
The course will be delivered as a mix of theory and practical sessions. Participants will develop and document supplier relationship plans, write their own KPIs and participate in a case-study based group exercise with plenty of individual feedback. There are several group break-out sessions – used to brainstorm and explore certain topics.
At the end of the course participants will have a clear idea of how to manage suppliers and how thoughtful supplier management can bring huge benefits to the company.