Presents a clear and straightforward method to manage your spend and achieve real measurable savings. The three principles of finding the money, saving the money and keeping the money are explained.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for procurement staff and business managers who want to use procurement to drive savings within the organisation.
Topics covered in the course
- How to save money – reduce prices and/or reduce demand
- The 3-step process – finding the money, saving the money and keeping the money
- The lifecycle and excellence model
- Spend analysis and identification of savings opportunities – finding the money
- Savings projects – saving the money
- What to do next – do you really want to keep the money or do you want to spend it on something else?
- Measuring savings
- Reducing demand
The course will be delivered as a mix of theory and practical sessions. Participants will use an interactive business model to go through the 3-step business process – who will save the most?
There will be plenty of individual support and feedback.
At the end of the course participants will have a clear idea of how to create sustainable savings, by finding, saving and keeping the money.