The basics of procurement and how to buy things well. The procurement process is covered from start to finish and illustrated via a variety of practical exercises.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who have to buy goods and services as part of their job, but are not procurement specialists.
Topics covered in the course
- The procurement lifecycle – what it is and how it works
- The procurement excellence model
- Key topics from the excellence model – business alignment, sourcing, supplier management
- Making savings
- Capturing requirements and writing contracts
- Systems, processes and tools to help you
- Dealing with suppliers and salespeople
- Spend analysis
- Top procurement tips
- The procurement audit
The course will be delivered as a mix of theory and practical sessions, with plenty of individual feedback and several group break-out sessions – used to explore certain topics.
At the end of the course you will know how to deal with suppliers and be ready to buy more cost effectively than you have ever bought before.