Suppliers can be some of your organisation’s best assets if you know how to manage them well. Well managed contracts executed with well managed suppliers can transform the performance of an organisation from one where suppliers are regarded as a necessary evil to one where they are a vital part of its success.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers and procurement staff who have responsibility for contracts with suppliers. It will also be valuable for senior managers who wish to introduce a contract management or supplier relationship management programme into their organisation.
Topics covered in course
- What makes a good contract – this is where it all starts
- The contract management lifecycle – what it is and how it works in practice
- Roles and responsibilties in contract management
- Phasing into and phasing out of contracts
- Performance management – the effective use of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Incentives, penalties and payment by results
- Handling difficulties, disputes and claims
- SRM – Supplier Relationship Management
- Segregating your suppliers – who are the strategic suppliers that can really make a difference
- Working with these suppliers to reduce costs, reduce risk and generate innovation
The course will be delivered as a mix of theory and practical sessions – with plenty of individual feedback.
Participants will be encouraged to write their own action plan and take what they have learnt back into their organisations – to transform the way suppliers are viewed and contracts are managed.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- A clear knowledge of the principles of contract management
- A good understanding of the power of supplier relationship management
- The skills and techniques necessary to put this knowledge into practice
- The desire to apply this knowledge within their own organisations to achieve lasting results